The largest of our enchanting holiday cottages, Clitherow Cottage makes up the other side of our gatehouse at the Park Gates in Hotham. It sleeps five guests, providing ample space for families and groups wanting to enjoy luxury self-catered accommodation in the Yorkshire Wolds.
You might be looking for a romantic weekend away, a family holiday or a sophisticated hen weekend. Whatever your situation, we at Estate Escapes make it our mission to cater to your every need, to ensure that you have the most comfortable stay possible.
Clitherow Cottage is a delightful property, with a wonderful open plan design. The interior has been lovingly furnished, creating a sophisticated yet cosy environment – perfect for relaxing and enjoying the peaceful rural village.
The fantastic location of Clitherow Cottage makes it the perfect base for visiting a range of different places across Yorkshire. It is in easy reach of the charming market town of Beverley, the historic haven of York, the busy bustle of Leeds, and the tranquility of the Yorkshire coast and countryside. Whatever you are looking for, you can be sure you won’t be stuck for things to do within easy reach of our delightful cottage.
What to expect on arrival at Clitherow Cottage
• Double Bedroom with ensuite Shower Room
• Twin Bedroom
• Single Bedroom
• Family Bathroom with Shower over Bath & WC
• Luxury Orla Kiely Hand Wash, Shower Gel & Body Lotion
• Dressing Gowns
• Luxurious Egyptian Hand Towels & Bath Towels
• Hair Dryers in each room
• Utility Room with washing machine
• Downstairs WC
• Log Burner with infinite supply of Logs & Coal
• Fully equipped Kitchen
• Fridge & Freezer
• Kitchen Range with Gas Hob and Electric Oven
• Oil Central Heating
• Separate Snug with sofa & TV/DVD Player
• Iron & Ironing Board
• Recently upgraded Wi-Fi
• Flat Screen TV & DVD in living area
• iPhone Speaker Docking Station
• Gorgeous Private Garden area with Private Patio
• Patio Furniture
• BBQ Facilities
• Ample Off-Road Private Parking
• Secure Bike Shed
Booking conditions for Clitherow Cottage
We endeavour to keep availability up-to-date on our website and will hold the cottage for you for one week while you confirm the booking and send your deposit. Please do let us know asap by email or phone if for whatever reason you change your mind. Do check the availability calendar before booking, it should be accurate.
Should you need to cancel your stay at Clitherow Cottage, the following applies:
• 1. Should you cancel the booking after paying the deposit, the deposit is non-refundable.
• 2. If you cancel the booking within 28 days of arrival, we will make every effort to re-let the cottage, if so we will refund your balance.
• 3. All email cancellations MUST BE confirmed by us to ensure we have received the message.
We ask for a deposit of 30% when booking with the remaining balance to be paid a month prior to arrival. We prefer to be paid via internet banking or credit cards but do accept cheques. Full payment details will be sent to you once we’ve received your initial booking. For special offers, please phone or check out the website.
We ask that guests arrive after 3.00pm on arrival day and that guests leave the cottages at 10.00am on day of departure to allow us time to prepare for our next arrivals. We really do value feedback in our guestbooks as it keeps us on our toes and allows us to improve on what we off our future guests.
Clitherow Cottage is available for Weekly Lets (7 nights), Weekends (3 nights) or Midweek Breaks (4 nights). Changeover days are Monday and Friday.
We aim to keep the cottages and furnishing to a high standard for the enjoyment of all our guests. This means we operate a strict NO SMOKING policy inside and DO NOT accept pets on the premises. Children are very welcome but we just ask that you mention them on the booking form we ask you to complete.
PLEASE NOTE: Clitherow Cottage and Stracey Cottage are adjacent to one another and can either be booked independently or together if being used by a large group. Together they sleep up to 10 people.